Monday 2 February 2009

Zebra People New Media Recruitment

Last week I went to meet up with Nick, from Zebra People. I was referred to this recruitment agency by a woman who I met through Julie Dirksen at MCAD. As I've mentioned before I like going with recruitment agencies that have been recommended. I asked Matthew how many recruitment agencies he thought were in London and he answered thousands upon thousands. 

I gave Nick and a call and set off to meet him last Monday. He had a job going that I could interview for the next day. I was pretty excited. I went over to meet him and have a chat about my skills. I haven't written a post about it yet, but I've decided look for a job that was similar to what I was doing at Popular Front. I've been looking for IA and user experience roles. There was a role at Grand Union, a successful interactive agency with a great client list. 

I would hope that my interview with Nick went ok. The role at Grand Union was a bit beyond my skills, but Nick mentioned that they also had a jr role that they were looking to fill. He thought it would be worth a go. 

The interview style in London is much different than in Mpls, as I have mentioned before. I really have to learn the competency style of answering the questions. Nick asked me how my efforts at Popular Front impacted their bottom line, how I increased profits. I was stopped dead in my tracks. I had no idea how to answer that question. Nick was helpful and gave me ideas of how I could answer that. Thank goodness. I just showed me that I had a lot to learn. I think that I am not talking about my experience in the right way. Which is frustrating. I used to think that I came across well in interviews, but I know that I am not doing well here. I've got to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics