Thursday 12 February 2009

Why am I living in London. part 4





We set a date and got married on August 31st, 2008 in Las Vegas. We decided to have an Elvis wedding and it was so much fun. A lot of Matthew's family came, some of my good friends came and coincidentally some of Matthew's friends were there on holiday anyway. It worked out great. It was a whirlwind that's for sure, but a lot fun. We got married at the Graceland Wedding Chapel and had our reception at a beautiful restaurant called Mix in The Hotel at Mandaly Bay. It was absolutely fantastic. The reception was held up in the little round part up the stairs, it was perfect.

We got married and were in Vegas for about nine days. We then went back to Minneapolis to see family and friends and apply for my visa. Matthew went back to London and I stayed behind. I had to make an appointment to get my biometrics taken (finger prints) before I could send my application in for the visa. You have no idea how long it might take to get an appointment. Luckily I only had to wait five days. The thing that held us the most was getting a copy of the wedding certificate. I had requested that it be sent to an address in Minnesota, but instead it got sent it to London!

I also had to wait two weeks before they could even send it out. The county clerk's office in Vegas has a two week processing time for marriage certificates. So then Matthew had to fed ex it to Minneapolis and of course what should have been an overnight delivery turned into a week.


In the end after I sent the application to Chicago it was returned to me within three days. I was so relieved. I wasn't sure how long I was going to have be in Minneapolis and if I should get a job or what I should do. I did enjoy hanging out and visiting with everyone, but I wanted to get to work. I did go and apply and get a job working at Target in case I was going to there for a few months. I ended up flying back to London with my visa on October 11, 2008.

That brings me somewhat up to date. I did go back to Minnesota from November 25-December 7th for my friend's brother's wedding. Since I returned from that I have been living life and looking for work. That's the story in a nutshell to give a bit of context to why I am in London and how I got here.

1 comment:

  1. I've just found your blog, so found that 4-part history of why you live in London useful.

    Sounds like a big adventure.

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics