Wednesday 25 March 2009

Up in the gym, just working on my fitness


My commitment to exercise and healthy living has been going pretty well. I gave myself a goal of getting in good shape on the 9th of March. At that point I would  have 9 1/2 weeks before I go back to Minneapolis for a visit so I made myself a schedule and it started out great. This is week three and so far so good. The first week I went to the gym everyday for two hours. I usually warm up on the exercise bike (while reading a gossip magazine) and then do an aerobic class. 

Now, some might think going to the gym for two hours is a bit much. Although I am not going to work, so I've got the time. Don't worry. I am not drinking protein shakes and wearing a sweat band 24/7. I haven't gone over the top. 

I've been into the Nike Rockstar Dance Hall workout. I absolutely love it. You learn a "dance" in an hour and it's good fun. I call it my MTV booty dance workout. I throw in some weights and some other evil classes like Legs, Bums and Tums and hopefully there will be some results by the end of it.

I've been wanting to try a spinning class, but I find the seats to be a little uncomfortable. I guess I could just really go for it and stand the entire time, but come on. Would I really do that? No.

I didn't do as well as I wanted to last week. I only managed to get to the gym once. I was doing an intense project management training course and I needed to study every night. I managed to eat well and get lots of water, so that's good. I don't have a certain weight that I am trying to achieve, although the Beyonce body is what I am going for. They play her put a ring on it video all the time at the gym. Who knows, you just might see me in Minneapolis sporing a black leotard and nothing else!

I'd also like to give a shout out to my friend Elyse! Thanks for the support, I miss you and your laugh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics