Monday 2 March 2009

Dinner tonight.


OVEN CHOW MEIN
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion chopped
2 cups rice (dry) can be instant rice
2 stalks chopped celery (optional)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 cups water
chow mein noodles

Brown ground beef and onion (or microwave if you have one)
Add all other ingredients (except chow mein noodles)
Stir all together in 2 quart casserole dish
Bake covered at 350 for 50 minutes or so
Add chow mein noodles (I just put them on the table for people to add themselves)

Great with strawberry jello

My good friend Molly's mom Pat Roark posted this recipe on my FB page. It was a very pleasant surprise to find it there today. The last time I was in Minneapolis Molly's mom, Pat, took us for lunch at the University Club in St. Paul. Over lunch I told them that I wasn't exactly a fan of English cuisine. Or that there were certain foods from Minnesota that I missed, that's a bit more diplomatic. Taking to heart what I said about food in England Pat was kind of enough to send this to me. She's been to England before so she understands the differences.

Oven Chow Mein is just the kind of thing I have been craving and is virtually unheard of in England. I am going to make it for dinner tonight. I hope I can easily find the chow mein noodles, I haven't used them in anything since I've been in London. Hopefully they'll be at Tesco or at the big Sainsburys. Just looking at this recipe makes my stomach growl.

I will post up a full report and photos tonight! Thanks again Pat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics