Friday 19 February 2010

It was only a matter of time




I sometime read the Strib and watch Minneostan weather reports online. The other night I was catching up on the weather and I called Matthew over to watch a clip that was explaining that residents of the Twin Cities were not going to be able to park on the even side of street until April 1st. Matthew seemed a bit confused and wanted to why? Well, because of all the snow! I tell you, I can't wait for Matthew to live in Minnesota for a bit, he's going to love it!

We then looked up some Minnesotan things, he wanted some more information about Minnesota Nice, what exactly is a hotdish. I then thought of the book How to Talk Minnesotan. I've never read it, but I've seen it plenty in my lifetime. You can usually find a copy of it in any cabin that you rent up North. It will be on the little bookcase next to  notebook where they owners of the cabin want you to share a special memory. 

We ordered  one on Amazon and it was very affordable. You can get a second hand copy for 53 pence, that's a heckuva deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics