Wednesday 18 February 2009

Learning to Jive


Matthew and I started a Jive dance class on Monday. After the Lindy Hop "class" we went to on Sunday night I wasn't sure I'd ever get Matthew back out on the dance floor. Matthew's friend Woody told us about the Jive classes and I went and had a look. They were starting the next day, which I thought was really good. Usually I find something I am interested in and discover that it's not going to start for a month or longer. Also the classes are very close to our flat.

The classes are run by a couple who have dancing together for years. I even gave them a call to make absolutely sure that it was a beginners class. Colette assured me that it was and that they structure the first class so the men don't actually do any steps. Just moving the arms and the ladies do the dancing. Matthew, being the good sport that he is, agreed to go along.

The class was great. The instructors Colette and Robin were super and it was a lot of fun. We learned how to move our arms and I learned a step and a turn. We both enjoyed ourselves and I am looking forward to going again next week. I love being able to do this kind of thing with my husband. It's a great feeling to be in the class with Matthew and just having a good time. It will be fun when we've learned enough to go out dancing in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics