Friday 5 June 2009

My Journey to Work


my journey to work photos


Which implies that I have a job, finally, which is true and I will write more about that later. There's a great story there. I started on Monday and it's been a great week. I work up in North London, kind of out in the middle of nowhere. It's not the greatest part of London, but I have a good office. Let's just say that it's not the kind of neighborhood that I can go out to lunch in....unless I like fried chicken.


However, I have a really nice journey into work. My work day starts at 10 a.m. (also very nice) so I am out the door around 8:50 a.m. to catch a bus that takes me down to the overground station. The ride on the 207 only takes about 5 minutes, so I could easily walk it. I usually walk back home instead of taking the bus. Once I get off the bus I take the overground, which is the same as the underground just above the ground.

The first train takes me to Willesden Junction where I change to the Bakerloo line that takes me all the way up to my final stop at Harrow and Wealdstone. My office is in Wealdstone. The nice thing about the journey is that it only takes about 25 minutes and there is no one usually on the trains. On the first bit from Shepherds Bush to Willesden Junction there are usually a few people on board, but the Bakerloo is usually deserted. It's really strange to be the only person in the carriage.

I don't mind it all. I have room to stretch out and it's just enough time to catch up on my reading.
So as far as my journey goes it's good. My internship at Candyspace was close enough that I could walk to, about a 20 minute walk, which was nice. Although I do like the feeling of going somewhere different. Candyspace is over in Chiswick, an area of London where Matthew and I used to live, so I know it very well. A change is nice!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finally finding a job! Unfortunately, I'm still going through the endless streak of bad luck and dead ends here in Spain. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the photos linked on twitter and wondered about this mysterious new job--will look forward to hearing about it. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics