Monday 9 March 2009

Getting Fit


I put up a FB update a while ago that I was going to get into shape. I said I might be unemployed, but I don't have to be out of shape and unemployed. Which, at the end of the day is true. I've had a membership to a great gym, Virgin Active, for a long time. I haven't exactly been making the most of that. I have nothing do to day all day besides look for a job, so technically I have no excuse not to be fit and healthy.

Although many people will tell you it's hard to get motivated, especially when you aren't working. As counter intuitive as it seems its true. For a while I rebelled against going to the gym because I did have the time to go, I want to be working not working out!!! I've never been the kind of girl who counts calories or is obsessed with my body. I have the fortunate body type that just kind of gets big all over instead of in one place, so you don't necessarily feel that fat...but then you see a photo of yourself at Christmas and there's no more denial.

My friend Raya is getting married on May 16th so I have given myself the goal of getting in shape for that trip back to Minnesota. So if by some cruel joke I don't have a job by then, at least I will be looking good. My fitness plan involves drinking lots of water, eating fresh fruit and veg, cutting out the junk and getting to the gym everyday. I've done it before and I can do it again.

There was only one other time in my life where I really decided to get into shape and that was when I was 18 years old.
I bought a great workout tape from the Goodwill. It was was filmed in the 60's and it was a blast. I did that and jumped rope every day and became fit as a fiddle. So, I am making the commitment here and now on this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics