Tuesday 3 March 2009

We're still dancing



We've had two weeks of jive dance classes at Maddy's Jiving School. It's so much fun and what a workout! You are constantly moving and jiving. This week we are going to bring some water with us and sweat bands. I love our class. The instructors Colette and Robin are amazing. They are very patient and do a fantastic job at breaking down the steps. In our last class it was Matthew's turn to move his feet. He learned his leads basic step and then we added a cool release move to the mix.

Colette and Robin demo the move and you think you're not going to be able to do that, it looks amazing and complicated. By the end of the class we're doing it. It's a great feeling to be at the dance class with Matthew. There are times when we are dancing that I just stop and think, I am dancing with my husband. I've always wanted to do that and I am doing it. Result!

Now that we've got the basics down we want to try our steps out in London. I came across this Tiki bar in South London that we are going to give a try. One Sunday a month they have a Hula Boogie night, which seems cool. I love how people in London really get into it. They go all out and get dressed up, even at our class there are people who come in their 50's jive clothes and makeup. It's a good way to get in London and meet people. I am excited to start jiving all over London. Look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics