Sunday 14 March 2010

A very lovely week indeed


As of yesterday I've been home for exactly one week since our holiday. It was such a good holiday. It's also good to be back in London. I would say that it was a pretty good week and very social.

In between job hunting and interviews I went for lunch with an old colleague from Candy Space. I met him over in Chiswick for a pizza at Franco Manca. The pizza and company was lovely. After my interview with the recruiter I met up with Mary, for wine time at the Castle. I hadn't seen Miss Mary for what had seen like ages. It was great to catch up with her.

I also met up with two American gals who are living over here. I went for coffee with Natasha over near Euston station. Natasha's from the Twin Cities and has been living up in Liverpool for the past six years. We've been Facebook friends for some time now and every so often she's down in London on business.

I also met up with another American expat, Audrey, on Friday. We went for lunch and a chat at Cafe Boheme. She's been here in London for the past six months and is also looking for a job. I felt like I was talking a mile a minute and I hope I didn't talk her ear off.

I have to say that I really like meeting expats off the internet. It's interesting to hear about other people's experiences of coming over and what it's like for them living in London. It's nice to have a chat and be able to speak American. I am looking forward to seeing both Natasha and Audrey again soon.

It was a nice weekend as well. Matthew and I went down to Bognor for his sister Charlotte's birthday lunch. We hadn't seen most of the family since before the holidays. I was feeling a bit under the weather, but it was good to catch up with everyone.

Today we went over to the Book Club in the East End and worked on our laptops together. I am trying to get my website finished and Matthew had some course work to do. It was a nice quiet weekend.

I am looking forward to this week. I've got one interview in particular that I am really looking forward to. Wish me luck.



3 comments:

  1. You need to go to the first Franco Manca in Brixton Market. You know they won't let you have milk with your coffee as it mixes badly with the dough? I don't really like being told what I can't have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will definitely need to come to our American blog meet up in May, I've got you on my list and will be sure Michelloui (who is the organized, planner-type compared to me, the chaotic one) does too! Two more Minnesota girls...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that! I am looking forward to that meet up for sure! Can't wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics