Monday 20 April 2009

The best things in life are free, but you can give them to the birds and bees. I want money!

I know I've had a lot of Chicken Soup for the Soul style blog posts about wanting to find meaningful and challenging work. That of course if very true.

However, I can not wait until I start earning some money of my own. I would like to go shopping, something that I haven't really done for a long time. I am talking fun shopping, like buying a fabulous pair of shoes you don't really need. The kind of shopping that doesn't involve the internal monologue of will that shirt wear well and last me for six months!

I don't want to give the impression that being married to Matthew means that I am running around London dressed in a potato sack. I am able to buy what I need, but what's fun about that? The girly side of me misses wearing cute clothes. I've mentioned before that I only brought over a small backpack and that most of my clothes are in Minnesota. Also, the fact that I am at home looking for work most of the time means that I can get away with looking a bit less than fabulous. It's a fine line, because I don't want to get too frumpy! I don't want to be one of those women that who gets married and then let themselves go.

Living in London without a job it the pits. There are millions of gorgeous shops. So many lovely things! What I want is to earn my own money from my first real job after college and buy some new clothes. I'd love another pair of jeans, although the one pair that I brought over are still in good condition. I'd love to buy a fun bag, although I guess the free one I got with my 2 quid Glamour magazine is just fine. Most importantly I want to have earned these things.

Since Matthew is the only one working I feel bad about spending money on myself for things that I don't really need. I would rather use the money that I would buy a new pair of jeans with and us have a great afternoon out in London.

I can't wait for the day when I can shop in London!!! I can't wait until I earn money from a job that I love and utilizes my knowledge and talent! Hopefully I won't have to wait much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics