Thursday 24 March 2011

Street preachers in Brixton

photo from Urban 75's blog.
I usually see this guy every morning outside of Brixton tube.


I was walking to Boots this evening to pick up some cold medicine and Kleenex and right outside the shop was a street preacher or god bother. He had a megaphone in addition to a boom box playing some kind of religious music. 

Now what I want to know is what do people who are Christian and love Jesus think of these "street peachers"? 

Do they think, "Wow, this is brilliant! I feel so happy they are spreading the word of the Lord and Amen to everyone" or do they find it annoying and strange.

I am not a religious person, so I find these people to be a bit weird. Mainly because they are so loud. Either with the megaphone or just basically shouting at people. It's the last thing that I want to hear when I am walking to the tube to get to work or heading home after work to be shouted at about how wicked people are and eternal damnation.

Check out Urban 75's Brixton Blog and you'll find some great photos of our street evangelists. It's also a great blog about Brixton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics