Wednesday 21 January 2009

In between

I love technology, where would I be without email, FB, Twitter, or Flickr? That's something I have been thinking a lot about lately. I am spending a lot of time online, more than I would like to. Email and FB is how I stay connected with my friends and family back home, but in a way I feel like it's taking over my life. I hear you all saying, well just sign off and get out of the house. That's absolutely true and I do that. I guess I am feeling the torn between my old life in Minnesota and trying to make a new life in London.

It seems like I am always sending emails, because I want to stay in touch with people. At the same time it feels like all I am doing is sending emails. I know my friends and family will always be my friends and family, but it's hard to move on. Especially since I don't have a group of friends here yet. It's just a strange in between place. I seem to be living virtually in Minneapolis and physically in London. Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful to still be connected to people electronically. I am just wanting more "real time" connection with people. I miss talking to people on the phone, with me being six hours ahead it takes a bit of planning to call people.

FB is good, but it is also evil. It serves as a reminder of all the things that are going on without me. Events that I wish I could attend, all the fun that my friends are having with each other, with me living vicariously through their posts and photos. I am confident that things will improve it's just hard at the moment. I miss meeting up with people for coffee or a drink, just seeing and talking to people I like.

Things will work themselves out. I just miss all the people that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics