Thursday 11 December 2008

MCAD I love you


I heard the mail come through the slot today and I ran from the living room to collect it. I am still waiting to hear back from one last graduate scheme that I applied for. Instead was a letter from MCAD asking me to donate money. Oh dear. What bad timing. I had just got done putting all my loans on deferment. My loans are pretty hefty, I am hovering around 65,000.00. It was well worth it. At least I know I am not the only one out there with huge MCAD loans. My husband gets a kick out of shocking people with how much I owe. University used to be free in England and even though they have to pay for it now, it isn't considered expensive. My student debt doesn't really get me down, because I believe in the education that I received at MCAD. It was money well spent. More accurately money well borrowed and spent.

I can't wait for the day when I can start contributing to MCAD, but it might be a few years. I hope they accept the check for 5.00 and know that I would give more if I had it. I have been lately getting emails from students who are interested in studying in London and I look forward to helping them. In that way I am giving back to MCAD. I feel good about helping fellow students from MCAD, especially the people studied with. I had an amazing experience as part of the BS:Visualization program. There were some amazing people and I am happy to say that we all seem to keep in touch.

photo credit
Photograph ©Erin Nicole Johnson for the Minneapolis College of Art and Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics