Thursday 19 November 2009

Trains deaths

Last Wednesday night when I arrived at the station to head home I was told that there were no more trains running due to a person jumping in front of a train.

From time to time when traveling on the tube you'll hear that trains will be delayed due to a passenger under a train. That is sad as well, but when someone jumps in front of a train at the Harrow and Weadlstone you just get such a vivid mental picture.

Harrow and Weadlstone is an open station and has six platforms. You get the Bakerloo line, trains and then the fast trains.

Let me tell you the fast trains fly by there, so fast that the noise is deafening. They rip through the station at around 225 miles per hour.



It's just so sad. Apparently the Harrow and Wealdstone train station is a popular spot for this such activity. On my very first day of work services were delayed because of a person jumping in front of a train. I remember being a bit unsettled by it.

It's just something that I wouldn't have encountered in Minneapolis. I know it's not the most cheery of subjects to blog about, but it's part of my life now. It just makes you stop and think when you're faced with something like on the way home from work.

Delays after death at Harrow and Wealdstone train station

5:39pm Wednesday 18th November 2009


A PERSON was killed after being hit by a fast train at Harrow and Wealdstone station today.

Paramedics raced to the scene after the incident, at around 3.30pm, involving the London Euston to Wolverhampton service.

The person was found dead at the scene.

The British Transport Police have confirmed they are not treating the death as suspicious.

London Midland and London Overground services have been hit by severe delays and cancellations, while the Bakerloo Line is suspended between Harrow and Wealdstone and Kenton.

1 comment:

  1. Yea, I remember the first time I heard that in London and was shocked that they would announce it. Now I've gotten used to it, which is, in a way, even more sad. :/

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics