Wednesday 18 November 2009

Lunch dreams

As I am sitting around doing nothing on my lunch break it occurs to me that I could perhaps write a blog post. Considering that it's been a month since I last posted anything. So what will I write about?

Lunch.

Lunch time in Harrow (where my office is located) is somewhat of a dismal affair. The offerings are slim and depressing. We've got some chicken and chip shops that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, a McDonalds, a Tesco Express (which just opened a month ago) and a smelly Budgens.

There is one good restaurant, a small Thai place that does a really good lunch for a fiver. As much as I love Thai, you can only eat so much of it.

I've selected this M&S photo montage to represent what I wish I was having for lunch. To be fair there is a M&S over in Harrow and I have taken the bus there a few times to spice things up. It's about a 25 min round trip journey. I know I will sound like an utter snob, but I just can't do the Tesco sandwiches.

The other option would be to plan ahead and just either make my own lunches or go to M&S and stock up for a few days at a time. That would be the sensible thing to do, but then what would I have to complain about?

I am also not the kind of person who likes to spend her valuable time shopping for lunches after work. Once I get off the train I want to just get home. I know it's going to sound incredibly lazy, because there is a Waitrose right next to the overground station in Westfield. I could pop in there, but I have to be in the mood to be shoved around by all the other after work shoppers.

Oh well, for now it's lunch in Harrow......

6 comments:

  1. No matter how long I've been in England, those sandwiches in the triangle containers scream "gas station" and have no appeal. But other M&S food? Divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny. I know exactly what you mean. I still think that when I see sandwiches from Tesco. I have yet to eat one from there. My husband finds this to be extremely snobby, but I don't care.

    I like the triangle from M&S they are so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a minute? What about Pret?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The triangles from M & S are a favorite memory of mine. Grabbing a sandwich and sitting by the River Ouse in Bedford at lunch time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess Harrow was never going to be a gastronomic mecca...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems great! This post was quite interesting for me. I am a big foodie and recently have been planning to host a dinner party for family. But I would love to book the best Seattle venues for a fun bash. Hoping to find a nice venue soon.

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics