Friday 27 November 2009

Thanksgiving



So yesterday was Thanksgiving. One of my favourite holidays. Last year I was back in Minnesota feasting with Cory and her family. We had a great feast at her sister in laws husband's family farm. My mouth is watering at thought of it. The food was great, but I will say that Cory's mom Peggy makes the best pies.

This year I didn't really celebrate it. I was debating over whether or not I should make a dinner for Matthew, but Thanksgiving is more than just the meal. It's just not the same when you come home from a long day at work and then have to prepare the feast.


I might make a dinner for Sunday. We're having a friend who just moved down to London from Birmingham over for lunch. I could do a turkey dinner. I've never cooked a turkey in my life, but how hard could it be?

Anyways... so yesterday I went to work. I had the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade on in the back ground on my desk top. I also had on Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving day special. How could it be Thanksgiving without that?

I ended up going for a massage after work and Matthew and I had a glass of wine and a turkey sandwich from Marks & Spencers. I think I could definitely get into that tradition while I am in the UK.

I really look forward to the day when Matthew and I are in the States for Thanksgiving. I can't wait for him to experience a nice lazy Thanksgiving full of family, friends and feasting.

I hope everyone had a lovely Turkey Day! Have a great shopping day to all my friends in the states.

2 comments:

  1. I've come to enjoy Thanksgiving, and will miss it when we return to the UK. My only quibble with it is that it's too near Christmas. Couldn't we move it to February or March, which is a time of year rather devoid of celebrations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics