Monday 22 December 2008

Didn't get that one.

"The people who can drive themselves further once the effort
gets difficult are the ones who will win."

 Just got off the phone with Aveda. I didn't get the internship. They gave me the feedback that I was over qualified and I was late. Both true. 

I feel terrible about being late. I had plenty of time to get there, but ended up going down the wrong street. I guess it doesn't really matter, if I am too qualified then they wouldn't have given it to me. I am disappointed. I really liked the guy who I interviewed with and was looking forward to working with him. On one hand if the internship wasn't going to be challenging than it's good that I am not doing it. I saw it as a good way into the company. I guess I should look at the positives.

Positives:
HR and my interviewer said I had a strong CV.
They had a chance to meet me. I am still very passionate about working for Aveda, hopefully I would be considered if something were to come up.
I know that I am too qualified for internships and work experiences.
The experience has moved me one step closer to finding a job that I will love doing.


I have to admit that I feel knocked back. I really wanted this internship. I choked up when I was talking to the woman from HR on the phone, but I am only human. 

I sent the HR person and the interviewer an email letting them know that I would still love to work for the company and that I would keep in touch. I did enjoy everyone that I met.

I wish I could say that I wasn't upset, but I am. I did learn from the experience. I was unsure of myself before regarding experience. I had been hearing that I should try to get some experience here. So I tried that, but it doesn't seem to be the right path. I have to got to rock the experience that I have and remember that I do have a lot. My major at MCAD is a lot different than most and I gained a lot of experience from the course and the internships that I have done.

I will move forward and focus on that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics