Thursday 18 December 2008

About Me, About my blog.


I have always believed that attitude is everything. Your outlook on life is what you make of it. I have been spending this past week in London doing a lot of thinking about my life. I have also sat down to update my blog, but haven't done it. I was a bit up in the air about what I wanted this blog to be about it. On the one hand I started it because I wanted to have a personal record of my experience looking for a job and starting a career in London. Then I thought that maybe I could write it in a way that could help other people. Students back at MCAD who wanted to come to London. I thought that the blog could help me get a job. I could write about things of interest, connect myself to blogs that people thought were important. I was spending time worrying about what I should write, how people were going to perceive it. What kind of image was I going to portray. The more I thought about these things, the less I wanted to write about anything. I am done with chasing after "important" people.

I decided that I was going to define what I wanted my blog to be about, not what I think it should be about it. I want to blog about the thoughts and feelings I have while living in London and trying to find a job and start my life here. I want to write about the good, bad and the ugly without worrying that I am sounding too negative or coming across in a certain way. I want to openly share what I am going through so that I can look back in five, ten years and see how far I've come. I am interested in helping others who may be going through a similar experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics