Tuesday 8 September 2009

Celebrity Spotting


As most of you know by now one of my favorite things about living in London is watching
 EastEnders. It's a soap and I am hooked. It's the best thing on telly. I've never been the kind of person who watched soap operas. No One Life to Live or Days of Our Lives for me, but EastEnders... Now that's completely different.

EastEnders is a long-running, popular and award-winning television soap opera, first broadcast in the United Kingdom on BBC One on 19 February 1985. It currently ranks as one of the most watched shows in the United Kingdom. EastEnders storylines examine the domestic and professional lives of the people who live and work in the fictional London Borough of Walford in the East End of London. The series primarily centres around the residents ofAlbert Square, a Victorian square of terraced houses, and its neighbouring streets, namely Bridge Street, Turpin Road and George Street, and which encompasses a pub, street market, night club, community centre, cafe and various small businesses, in addition to a park and allotments.

Last Friday I was meeting Matthew after work at our local shopping center, Westfield. Westfield is right outside the tube stop that's near our flat and it happens to be the largest urban area indoor shopping center in Europe. Brag brag...

Anyways, I was waiting for Matthew so we could walk home together and all of sudden he phones me up and tells me to get down to the entrance outside of Waitrose. Once I got down there he very discretely pointed out that none other than Bradely Branning was standing just about 30 feet away! I was over the moon! Seeing a character from EastEnders in real life, what a treat. 

I didn't go up to him and ask for an autograph, I try to be respectful of these huge celebrities. I was satisfied to follow him and his friends in Wagamama and eat dinner just one table away from him!  

3 comments:

  1. This is sweet! I'm not an Eastenders fan but I can understand the thrill of seeing the real person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god awesome, I totally forgot about Wagamama!! Oh and seeing a famous dude is cool too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way! I love that guy! Lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics