Saturday 20 August 2011

Just call me Mrs Beeton



I've lived in London now for almost 4 years now and it's time that I roll up my sleeves and start learning how to make this country's culinary secrets. I think that the only real British food that I've ever made is the traditional Sunday lunch. The good old roast dinner, although I don't make Yorkshire puddings. 

So I am going to be making something British each Sunday and blogging about it. 
Sounds easy enough :)

To give you a bit of context I thought I'd outline a few things, complete with bullet points! How official is that?

  • I am not what you would call a cook. I can make a few things really well and I usually stick to that.
  • I make a really tasty chicken soup, chocolate chip cookies, brownies and post roast. That's about it. 
  • I am not saying that I don't like to cook, but I rarely have the time or energy after a long day at work to whip an amazing meal. I usually will make a nice piece of fish and some vegetables. I like cooking something like a pot roast or a soup on a Sunday.
  • I love food and eating out, but I am not an uber at home foodie person. 

So, there you have it folks. I've laid down the challenge and it starts tomorrow. Wish me luck and please feel free to give me suggestions as to what I should cook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics