Monday 3 January 2011

Oh Sew Brixton dress making workshop


Here's the dress that I made in three days at the Oh Sew Brixton dress making workshop. I am really happy with it. It's the first dress that I've ever made and it has got a lining, a zipper and darts! It was a great experience to be learn how to actually read a pattern and make something from start to finish.  I used See & Sew pattern B4977 and it was very easy to follow.

If I made this dress again, which I definitely will, I am going to tweak the sizing of the bodice. It could have been a bit more fitted, but at the point that I discovered that it would have meant that I would need to undo the entire bodice and cut it down. I decided to just continue on and Fiona helped me alter the pattern for my next project. 

I had a great three days and I am looking forward to signing up for the skirt making workshop in Feb.

6 comments:

  1. this is a great dress and soooo similar to my most favorite Laura Ashley black work dress... is this pattern available? I'd make one for every day of the week!

    Looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful
    and i love the pattern of the fabric
    great work!

    cHEERS

    http://fedulab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! Someone else in the class made the v neck version and it also looked amazing. I added the link to the pattern, have fun making it! Super easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Dude! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress came out darling! Does Oh Sew Brixton provide sewing machines to sew on? I've been taking classes at The Make Lounge but I wouldn't mind trying a different location.

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics